At Ford Castle, we’ll plan your visit for you. Once you’ve chosen your course, activities and excursions, you can leave the rest to us. We’ll even arrange your transport for you if you’d prefer.
You can rely on us to provide the best school trip and look after every detail, so you can get on with your busy timetable.
- Your rooms are within the 14th century castle.
- Children’s rooms sleep between 6 and 12 and have en-suite or adjacent bathrooms.
- Most teachers’ rooms are single and all have tea and coffee making facilities with dedicated teachers’ bathrooms.
- The Duty Manager secures all buildings at lights out to ensure on site safety.
- All visits are fully-catered. Meals at Ford Castle are home-cooked, nutritional and filling. Menus are created with young people in mind and special dietary requirements are always catered for.
- Meals on site are taken in the Castle dining room.
- Packed lunches are provided when the group is on an excursion and on the day of departure, if necessary.
Facilities at Ford Castle ensure that your group enjoys every moment of their school trip.
- Teachers’ Retreat has television, tea and coffee, wine and beer, offering a quiet respite should you need it
- Students’ Common Rooms have pool, TV / DVD facilities and a variety of board games
- Football Pitch
- Classroom Facilities
- Computer Facilities
- King James’ Suite – perfect for story-telling and setting the mood.
- Payphone for use by children and teachers – coin operated.
Accompanying teachers must supervise the above children’s activities
INSURANCE FOR YOUR SCHOOL TRIP
Comprehensive insurance cover can be included in the price of your visit to Ford Castle
- Baggage and personal effects covered to £500 for children and £1,000 for adults
- Personal Accident benefits up to £20,000
- Medical expenses up to £5,000,000
- 24-hour medical emergency service
- Personal Liability up to £1,000,000
- Curtailment of activities up to £15 per day (to a maximum of £120)
- Organiser’s Liability up to £5,000,000
- Travel delay up to £100
NB: Only those elements of the visit arranged by Ford Castle will be covered by the policy.
- You are welcome to arrange your own transport, but we will handle this for you if you’d prefer.
- Excursion admission fees can be included in your booking price, should you so wish.
- All of our fully executive coaches have toilet, DVD player, air-conditioning and seatbelts in accordance with UK law
- All drivers are experienced PCV licenced and CRB checked.
- Over the years we have vetted our coach companies and only ever use a select few. This ensures you get a high standard of coach and an efficient, helpful and courteous coach driver.